Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Fair weather friend?

My husband and I have friends who are a couple. We don't speak much and I don't visit much so I guess they are more my husband's friends then mine. When I do talk to her, I find that she likes telling me what is going on in her life but the second I mention anything about mine, she claims to have another call...without fail.

I will give you an example:

I had water intoxication almost a year ago from drinking waaaayyyyy too much water. She has been working out lately and has increased her water consumption to the point that she is suffering the symptoms that I did. She texted me last week to ask me what they were and I let her know and stressed that she should get a blood test to be safe. I also texted her a recipe for a healthy sports drink that I have been using while training for the 5 mile race as seen on seekermommyrunning.blogspot.com.

So I get a phone call today to let me know that she liked the recipe and that she did go to the doctor's to get the test. She has been drinking the healthy drink so he said that the test may not show results accurately. He also told her that her carbs are low. I am thrilled that she is OK and let her know that. She also let me know that she was experiencing major leg muscle pains and that would have something to do with her low carbs.

I told her that I am also suffering the same thing due to using a game to train yesterday and doing my run today and no sooner than the words left my mouth, did she pull the 'my other line is ringing'. I reflected on the rare occasions that we talk and realized she does this EACH and EVERY time!

It is not because I am trying to one up her for heavens sake! I am just relating and I cannot help but think that she is not interested at all in my life, sooooo I am thinking that perhaps we should not talk anymore. My husband can go visit them...

ANYTIME I try to discuss events in my life over the phone, she gets another call, and anytime we are together in person, she will either walk away claiming she has a chore to do or change the subject.

So, I have made a decision....no more of this and selfish friends need not apply.

OK, off my soap box...

No comments:

Post a Comment