Sunday, June 21, 2009

My rice cake addiction has taken a turn for the worse!

Apparently when you eat waaaayyyyy too much fiber in the form of a rice cake it does not allow your body to absorb any of the nutrients from the other food that you are eating and your body starts to shut down. NOT FUN at all....so, not only am I not sleeping more than 3 - 4 hours a night (and barely more than 1/2 hour at a single stretch), my body also decided it was done with the rice cake thing. I actually went the whole day yesterday not eating a single rice cake! I also could not raise my head from the pillow but that is beside the point!

I was actually eating very well even with the rice cakes! My body really needed something though as my son was eating a tv dinner consisting of chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes and after I took 2 bites my body was in heaven. Unfortunately it was to late for my husband to run to the store so I settled for healthy salisbury steak soup. Not really the same and I suffered for it the next day. What did I have for dinner last night? Two, count 'em, two Whoppers with cheese and large fries. I haven't eaten anything like that in over a month and it was great! I felt so much better for a bit.

I am going to try very hard to stop eating the rice cakes...I will miss them and have two full packages and one half of another. Sigh...

I have a decision to make. I am training for the 5 Mile run in Westport on the 8th of August. Someone I used to work with at the CU texted me on Thursday to see if I could perform her wedding. I asked her the date afraid that she was going to say the 15th which is when we are planning to go to Silverwood in Idaho but she didn't...she said the 8th. I told her that the run starts at 10:30 and I know it will take me a few hours, maybe less, and she told me it is at 4:00. I asked her where and she told me a place in Aberdeen. I didn't respond back yet as I had to give this some thought. I am training for this run that I am looking so much forward to...it inspired me to start taking care of myself (OK, not with rice cakes but with the running) and I was hoping to meet some people and just hang out and do things that runners do after a race. I have no idea what that is, just that I am going to be there. My son and husband are going to be there cheering me on. Sigh...I probably could be done and home in time to shower change and head back into town but what if I am not? I would feel terrible and I would never be so gauche to ask her to move her wedding to a later time. Wedding venues don't like change and neither do brides.

When we last discussed her wedding over 8 months ago a relative was going to do it...would it be selfish of me to say no? What if I am done in plenty of time and had said no...I would feel terrible! I definitely have some thinking to do!

1 comment:

  1. I'm addicted to rice cakes too. I'm now in my third bag of the day. Haven't eaten any real food BC the rice cakes satisfy me ( as far as taste go) I am eating them everyday and when I'm not, I'm thinking of eating them .. Oh I know this can't be good for me. Yet, I can't stop. I went through a popcorn phase and I am not ever wanting to eat that as long as I live. Imhoping it will be the same with the rice cakes! I guess it all boils down to self care and taking the time out to prepare meals. I prefer smash and grab things to eat. Need more patience! Signed, addicted!

    ReplyDelete