Saturday, May 23, 2009

I hate being sick!

I live in a house with 4 other people. 3 are students and 1 is a bus driver for Transit so whatever is going around we get and pass onto each other, over and over and over...sigh...my husband ended up on antibiotics and I managed to keep my cold abated a bit with some Comtrex Day and Night. Again, I hate being sick!

I received two Victoria's Secrets catalogs in the mail. I am thinking of ordering a bathing suit so I can use it as a visual aide in achieving my weight loss/fitness goal. I am also going to train for a 5 mile run with my son, so I should lose a bit, right? I also found a great new cooking show on Lifetime called Cook Yourself Thin and am going to order the books from both series. It originated in the UK a few years ago and I love it! I was thrilled to see Candice on a show as I loved her on Top Chef. I think she got a bad rap and Stephen was horrible to her. Look who has a show now! You go, girl!!

Regarding my weight, I managed to gain 30 lbs in a little over a year. Lack of exercise and not good eating habits probably contributed a bit, but I just found out from my doctor that the pills I take to help me sleep are actually a major contributor to my weight gain. So, I have to make a decision, getting sleep or being thin.....I better start finding something else to take! I have heard and read that being in shape helps you have more energy and you do end up sleeping better. We shall see!

I have a Twitter account using the same name and I am still undecided about it. I am following Joy Behar, Joan Rivers, the Sneaky Chef, Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, Rachel Maddow, Kathy Griffin and one other. I suppose it would be more exciting if I had people following me as well!

The latest travel book I am reading is Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. Very good book! I shall write more about it when I am finished.

Well, this latest bit of ramblings is over for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment