Monday, May 25, 2009

Rice cakes and addiction

Hello, my name is Shauna and I am a rice cake addict.

I like the lightly salted ones and can go through an entire container, which contains 14, in one sitting.

I think the reason I hanker for them is that I drink a substantial amount of water. So much so that I got psychogenic water intoxication about 8 months ago. Normally this is diagnosed only in schizophrenic people. Lucky me! =O( No, I am not schizophrenic, I just drank a lot of water which depleted my sodium to a dangerous level. It is probably happening again since I have been a stay-at-home worker and also unemployed and have nothing better to do than drink copious amounts of water and coffee. This leads me to crave sodium and so I eat the rice cakes. At least I am getting fiber!

I told my doctor and he didn't think anything was wrong with it. I was telling the checker in the store and she told me she does the same thing.

I should start a rice cake anonymous club!!

No comments:

Post a Comment