Saturday, May 23, 2009

Searching for SeekerMommy on Google

Oh my goodness! I decided to do a search for my name, SeekerMommy, which I have been using since around 2000 and someone is using it but with a space between Seeker and Mommy. Don't search for it. Apparently this person is into ummm, errrr, ummm, sexual stuff....sigh....and ick! There is also another person using SeekerMom but seems to be a bit more innocent as I only found links in Catholic sites.

Golly Gee Wilickers! I am not going to change my name but I certainly hope that when people are doing a search know that it is not me on those sites!! Prospective employers search social networking sites these days. My question to the one using my name is....do you really want to be defined as that????

I am also an Officiant so I am also known as Celebrations by Shauna which when I did a search just now shows nothing. I wish it would have linked to my WeddingWire vendor page! I need to get onto the site and figure out how to send a quote to the prospective brides and grooms who ask for more info for me. I, so far, have done one wedding from there. Great couple and alot of fun!

My son is my wedding photographer and he is very good at it. We don't charge for that as it is a hobby for him. He uses a Sony camera which is fabulous but it is pink so he didn't want to use it at first!!

I have done 11 weddings. My start happened when my brother was getting married. I had watched some show on how to do weddings on the cheap and this one person went onto the Universal Life Church website and became ordained. I offered to do it and they said yes. It was wonderful and I was so honored to do it!

I take great pride doing the ceremonies. I create a ceremony book which I tailor to the wedding colors and perform the ceremony from there and then give it to the bride and groom after the ceremony. I generally use the 4 x 6 photo albums as they come in great colors but have been recently finding full page albums which reduces that pages that I have to use in the book giving them more pages to put photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment