Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Underworld: Rise of the Lycans and vampire books

Wow! Great movie!! I know I liked it more than the second one and maybe more than the first one? The acting was great, the sets were awesome and it was a darn good story.

I'm have been a bit of a vampire/werewolf fiend reading almost everything I can get my hands on. Although I do have to admit, the stories are drying up or maybe I am getting bored. I know that I could NOT get through the Anita Blake series. I loved the first 3 books and went out and bought the entire series. I am stuck in the book where some Victorian vampire from England is messing with her mind while she is in the back seat of an SUV. I tried, I really really did, to get through that sequence but I just couldn't do it. The author started getting a bit too freaky. I bought all of her other series, of the Fey, and could not get through book one. L.A. Banks' vampire series had me until Book 3 and I own the entire series of that. I am an avid reader but there are just some books that I just cannot get through...Yeesh! I should sell the series on EBay or Amazon. Someone let me know if you want them!

The JD Robb series is fab! Never have been bored with that. I also like anything Nora Roberts has done when it comes to otherworldly stuff. Nora's new book, Vision in White, is terrific. Although it has nothing to do with otherworldly affairs. It's the story of four women who work together and to plan the best weddings for brides, and find love in the process, that will be a 4-part series. I'm an Officiant and was thinking of branching out into wedding planning by studying a few courses when my job no longer wanted me so that went out the window. Nepotism is alive and well at that job! Oh well, at least I got unemployment off of them!

I used to be an avid writer but lost my way in my 20's...stupid, stupid girl. Now all these years later I am deciding to pick it back up. Hmmm....maybe I will read, one day, someone raving (or not) about my book series! =O)

No comments:

Post a Comment