Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My start!

Hello! I am new to blogging and don't find anything going on in my life, at this moment, particularly earth shattering but thought I would give it a go!

My last day with my employer was yesterday. Now I sit and visit websites trolling for a job. I live in an area that is very depressed right now so jobs are few and far between. I imagine that it is the same everywhere. I am very fortunate to have Unemployment Insurance that has increased a bit, thank you President Obama! That should get me almost to the end of summer if I calculate it right.

I am currently enamored with reading travel books, my two faves right now are Holy Cow by Sarah Macdonald and With the Kama Sutra Under My Arm by Trisha Bernard. The former is a spiritual journey through India for the author and the latter more of the travels of the author and her friend, Sally. I must admit that I took an immediate dislike to the author's friend Sally and hope that she redeems herself in the last 11 pages! Before reading Holy Cow, I had wanted to take a trip to India, but now? Not so much...too much suffering and separation of the classes. Hard to imagine that a country with such openness when it comes to spirituality would be so narrow minded when it comes to it's own peoples.

My immediate desire is to travel to Japan. My son also would like to go there as well. I was bebopping on the Internet on particular places in Japan to visit and came across the Tokyo Disney site. My son and I were thrilled! We both love all things Disney and I had forgotten about the Disney park in Tokyo.

I made the mistake a few years back in attempting to learn to read, write and speak Japanese all at the same time. Not so smart and really overwhelming! I miss the TV station AZN who would play Japanese programming on Sunday nights and I would get to guess what they were saying. I was always right....well maybe not, but at least I tried! =O)

If I want to visit Japan, I am going to have to at least learn to speak and recognize the language. I would love to get the Rosetta Stone Japanese software and try that. Maybe one day!

My son and I, who both could stand to lose just a few pounds, are going to start running. I performed a wedding (I'm an Officiant) at the Westport Lighthouse and they are having a 5 mile run on August 8th to raise money to fix up the lighthouse and I figured that it would be a good thing to train for. Heck, if the people on Biggest Loser can run 26 miles, I can do 5! Wish me luck!

I have to take my mother-in-law to the doctor's so I have to sign off. See ya and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment